Peter Brinkley is a Marine Chief Engineer, an ex-Lloyds H & M Surveyor with a “can-do” attitude and strong problem-solving abilities.
He carries up to date HUET, Medical (UKOOA), Vaccinations, etc, suitable for Offshore requirements as well as Seaman’s ID and valid Chief Engineers certification (revalidated 05/2017, STCW III/2).
There are Personnel of varying disciplines available, whom we can call on, depending on the type of work or project required. This includes Naval Architects, Engineers, a Metallurgical Laboratory, Lawyers and Advocates, Engineering Companies.
We operate in the Oil and Gas, Offshore drilling and FPSO, shipping and yachting arenas. Our core business consists of Maritime Surveys and working in Project Management teams (Marine and Engineering), as well as carrying out Statutory Inspections of the above, on behalf of certain Fag States, including Bahamas, Marshall Islands, Vanuatu, Luxembourg.
We have loose associations with other marine personnel at the main ports of South Africa and other countries.
- Marine Hull and machinery surveys on FPSO’s drilling rigs and drill ships, commercial ships, and small craft.
- P & I Condition and damage surveys.
- Marine Warranty surveys.
- Nautical Inspectors for various Fag States, including Bahamas, Marshal Islands, Luxembourg, Vanuatu, and Belize.
- Damage and breakdown investigations Fire, grounding and sinking investigations
- Drafting of repair specifications.
- Insurance claims and investigations
- Investigating and compiling opinions as expert witness for the legal system on hull, machinery, and small craft matters.
- Project management for dry-docking, refurbishment, repairs and lay-ups/re-activation for ships (FPSO’s and drilling rigs/ships including FEED) drafting specifications, adjudicating quotations, Contractor management, invoice negotiation and approvals, etc.
- Quality monitoring during construction of vessels for the pleasure and fishing industry.
- Offshore Marine Warranty surveys as well as Management of Marine Warranty Companies during sub-sea oilfield installation projects.
- Damage investigations on oil rigs and platforms.
- QA/QC monitoring of various functions during shutdowns.
Areas of Operation
Cape Town, Saldanha Bay and all other South African Ports.
Africa, including Angola, Mozambique, Nigeria, the Republic of Congo, DRC, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt.
Singapore, Dubai, Rio, Rotterdam, Iran and Réunion Island
We have an office situated at 7 Wodehouse Crescent, Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa, as well as a mobile office for site for projects.
Work: +27 21 7940211
+ 27 21 7940413
+27 (0) 83 675 3555